Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Real Portugese Sausage made on Maui


I've been meaning to blog this for a long time. Are you a fan of Portugese Sausage? I am, and especially of homemade sausage.


These pics are taken at a friend's house in Makawao area, on a day when they were making a batch of homemade sausage from scratch. Not only do they grind up the pork meat, season it and stuff it into natural casings, they also smoke them on site for 4-6 hours in a homemade smoker.


I happened upon the scene, so helped with the tying and stringing up on guava wood poles. Of course I was rewarded with a bag of excellent sausages the next time I dropped in. Talk about "broke da mout"!

You too could own property in Makawao and make your own homemade sausage. Just call me and we can discuss your options.

Georgina M. Hunter R(S)
Jim Sanders Realty Inc.
808 283-0635
realmaui@hawaiiantel.net
www.eastmaui.com
search some listings

No comments: